Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Old Village Home Tour





This past weekend my husband and I went on the home tour in the Old Village. This is one of my favorite events of the year. There are about ten homes and gardens on tour and each one is unique and breathtaking. You are able to see old homes that have been renovated and new homes that are built to look like old ones. This is the neighborhood where I grew up, so I am a bit biased but I think it is one of the prettiest neighborhoods I've ever seen. What amazes me about this area and this tour is that there are endless surprises to discover along the way--a pool behind a house that you never knew was there, a gorgeous garden, nd the views from the homes along the harbor (wow!). Unfortunately there were no pictures allowed in the homes :(, but I was able to take some outside. Enjoy! And, if you missed the tour this year, be sure to go next year. You will not be disappointed, and it makes for the perfect afternoon stroll.

No comments: