Friday, March 13, 2009

Using plates as wall decor



Hanging plates on the wall can be an inexpensive, yet dramatic way to adorn your walls with art. You probably have some interesting plates sitting in your cabinets or you can go hunting for some at antique stores, flea markets, or even at stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx. They don't all have to be the same color or size or shape, just trust your instinct and collect plates you love. It is also fun to mix art or even mirrors with plates. Once you decide where you will hang your collection, use craft paper to experiment with arrangements. When you've decided on how they will look, nail the hook right into the craft paper and then you can tear the paper down when you've finished. Plate hangers can be found at a hardware store or Target. Last night I was browsing the internet for ideas of different arrangements, and I am attaching some pictures of what I found. I collected the pictures so quickly, I did not mark down the sources--sorry. Most of the photos are from Google images. I am currently working with a client trying to figure out an interesting arrangement for over a curved headboard.

3 comments:

CouponAlbum said...

Great idea for wall decoration!! All those colorful plates wall decoration pictures are just fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

I love to use plates for wall decor. I recently found these Adhesive Plate Hangers. I was a little apprehensive that they might not stick to my plates, but they worked great.

Karen said...

Love this! Mind if I feature this in an upcoming post?