Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wall arrangements


Over the past months I have been busy rearranging the artwork in my house. I have been focused on making more interesting groupings or art instead of just having one picture on one wall, etc. I also like mixing different mediums--paintings, plates, photographs, and even three dimensional art. Here is a picture of a wall in my breakfast room. The photo is fuzzy thanks to the photography of my five-year-old. Except for the German botanical poster in the middle, I had everything else--the plates were my grandmom's, the photo is of one of my favorite restaurants in France, and the sweetgrass basket I purchased on Highway 17 in Mt. Pleasant. Sweetgrass baskets don't come cheap, but I love to use them as art in the house as they reflect local culture and history.

No comments: