Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Garage pegboards



I recently helped a client declutter and organize her garage. Using a pegboard for the tools was the biggest no-brainer. Most of you probably already do this, but if you don't I highly recommend it. You can buy a pegboard and hooks of all shapes and sizes at your local Home Depot or Lowe's. I also like the magnetic strip she used for metal tools. When organizing your garage, it is good to have a zone for everything and aim to get as much as possible off the floor--especially if you plan to park in your garage. You can have an amazingly organized garage if you hire professional garage organizers that have the whole "garage system." My brother did this and his garage is awesome, but it comes at a price. The other option is just to get some inexpensive basic hooks and garage organizing tools from home improvement stores and get to work. Above are before and after pictures of the garage I worked on and below is a picture of my neighbor's creative skateboard storage system and my husband's own pegboard and ladder storage system.


No comments: