Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Treasure hunting







It seems that life is getting a little bit hectic lately and I hardly ever have any time to kill. But, if I do find myself with an extra half hour on my hands before having to go pick up my three-year-old from preschool, one of my favorite things to do is to wander around the Antiques Market here in Mt. Pleasant. I have found some treasures here, but really am not searching for my house anymore. Sometimes I find something that I can imagine in just the right setting or with just the right paint color in the background, etc. Here is what I found today:
  • The lockets in the first two pictures can be found in a vintage jewelry case at the store next door to the Antiques Market. I love them!! I have one I bought here and have gotten countless compliments on it. They are so unique and not too pricey!! (I would love to "collect" these).
  • The litte Christmas tree ($22) is adorable and they had several of them. These would look great on a sideboard or mantel.
  • The zebra ($12) is made of leather and would look so cute on a shelf in a child's room painted a bright color.
  • I love vintage oil paintings and this one of a mountain scene ($150) has such awesome colors. It would look great in a study. Don't think I am promoting adding clutter to your home--I just think the most interesting homes are ones that have character that is not necessarily bought from Pottery Barn or Target. I know it depends on your style, but if you shop places like these you can find such unique things at great prices.

No comments: