Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures: Vintage Oil Paintings


While browsing at a local antiques market yesterday I found these great treasures.  I am a big fan of vintage paintings and think they can be mixed with more modern pieces or arranged in a collection like in the photo above which shows Drew Barrymore's office.   You can find some really interesting work at great prices.  I recommend that if you find something that draws you in, just get it and decide what you want to do with it later.  You would hate for it to be gone next time you go looking.  I've had my eye on the small painting of the Native American on horseback.  It is only $39, so I don't know why I haven't gotten it!  I think it draws me in because of the blue in the sky and the emotion of the characters.  I think it would look good in my oldest son's room.  Of course I love nautical paintings and my eye has been drawn to the painting of the mountain scene.  The last one of the boy in the yellow raincoat with the ducks would be a great inspiration piece for a child's room!

No comments: