Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My home tour






For a while I've wanted to do a post of my own home but have shied away for fear of not having everything just perfect and styled like in the magazines.  There are tons of projects I want to do but just don't have the time or money for--some rooms I have left un-photographed until I complete at least a couple of these things (our bonus room/study needs a lot of work).  As you can see my style is very traditional, but I strive to make my home somewhat eclectic while very personal and comfortable.  It is filled with things that have sentimental meaning, from furniture and accessories that belonged to my grandparents to art made by my kids or by artists close to me (I am lucky that two of my best friends are very amazing and successful painters).  I love vintage pieces as well as modern, but don't have much of the latter.  I like creating texture and layers in a room and always try to do this.  I often like changing things around--I often rearrange my art, for example.  I would love to be able to paint my younger son's room but don't want to spend much money now and can't decide on the color.  So here's to a never-
ending work in progress.











 



No comments: