Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Boys' rooms

Having two boys of my own, I am particularly interested in ideas for decorating a boy's room.  I found these pictures on the Young House Love blog.  They are taken from a home in Sydney, Australia owned by the founders of  Murchison-Hume, an  eco line of cleaning products that are carried here in the states by shops like Anthropologie.  I love the paint color in the first room and have never thought about using that shade of blue in a boy's room.  I think it looks fantastic with red accents!  Also, the extremely organized shelves are great.  I love how the toys are accessible and stored in the straw baskets.  Unfortunately we don't have IKEA where we live, but this is where the shelving unit was bought.  The nautical accents are a nice touch and look great with the paint color.  And, of course I am a big fan of the maps and globe.  The second boy's room is neat too.  I love the khaki/taupe color of the walls mixed with golden yellow accents, the interesting variety of art, maps, and photos, on the wall.  The sophisticated monogrammed pillow is a nice touch. 
 
 

No comments: