Friday, February 19, 2010

Scrapboxing

One of my friends told me about an article she read in February's Martha Stewart magazine about scrapboxing.  I've always loved looking at scrapbooks that people have created but never have gotten into the art myself as I see it as a daunting and time-consuming task.  I've taken to creating digital scrapbooks by using the great on-line programs designed for this and have decided that I will make a book for each year and give it to my family at Christmas.  However, I think it is nice to keep just a few mementos from your family's history and scrapboxing is a great way, in my opinion, to display them as well as an inexpensive means to have interesting wall art.  Darcy Miller, who is the editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings, has her scrapbox gallery on exhibit at Partners and Spade in NYC.  She basically has taken family mementos and creatively displayed them in shadowboxes.  I love the idea of displaying a grouping of them in a child's room, office, or playroom.  My friend is currently working on a few of her own and I hope she will send me a picture of them!! Pictures are from February's Martha Stewart Living Magazine.

No comments: