Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chair makeover ideas

The other day I was in a discount fabric shop here in town and saw that they were selling vintage chairs that they had gathered from garage or estate sales.  The one in the photo was for sale and cost $95--and they would discount it even more if you bought your fabric from them.  I think recycling old chairs is such a great idea--not only is it earth-friendly, but in my opinion old things have a lot of character.  This vintage wing backed chair would look awesome recovered in a modern fabric.  The two fabric ideas I have posted are from my fellow blogger, Shannon Darby's, The Designer's Attic.  She is a designer that sells fabric remnants she has found for super discounted prices.  Check out what she has to offer at thedesignersattic.blogspot.com.  The last two pictures of a club chair makeover I found on Design Sponge.   Never underestimate the power of fabric!


No comments: